Cookies are files that are downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their team and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their equipment.
In addition, they improve their browsing process, since they allow the website to offer the user information that may be of interest depending on the use made, the content of it.
In case of not wanting to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser, so that you erase them from your computer’s hard drive, block them or notify you if they are installed. To continue without changes in the configuration of cookies, simply continue on the web page.
The cookies we use do not store any personal data, nor any type of information that can identify you, unless you want to register, voluntarily with the purpose of using the services that we make available to you or to receive information about promotions and contents of your interest .
Types and purpose of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be classified as:
Session cookies: expire when the user closes the browser.
Cookies depending on their purpose can be classified as follows:
Performance cookies (techniques and customization)
This type of cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes: volume adjustments of video or sound players and video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when a service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
Registration cookies (techniques and customization)
Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify you in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the User identified so that, if a service closes, the browser or computer and at another time or another day comes back to enter that service, it will remain identified, facilitating its navigation without having to re-identify itself. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “close session” functionality, so that this Cookie is deleted and the next time it enters the service the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
Each time a User visits a service or information on the website or a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, Comscore and similar that may be added to this list if they vary in relation to current ones) generates an analytical cookie in the user’s computer. This cookie that is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the services of the website to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives that are pursued are:
- Allow the anonymous identification of navigating users through the cookie (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Identify anonymously the most visited contents and therefore more attractive for users.
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeat visit. Important: Unless the user decides to register in any service or content of the website, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that can identify you. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help optimize the user experience on the website.
How to block or delete installed cookies
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of your browser. You can find information on how to do it, in relation to the most common browsers, in the links that are included below:
We inform you, however, of the possibility that the deactivation of any cookie prevents or hinders navigation or the provision of the services offered on the website.